Thursday, March 22, 2018

Thing 16: Your Digital Footprint

Drat, I would have to postpone this Thing until now, when every day there’s more news about the misdeeds of Cambridge Analytica and Facebook. It would be easy to say, “I’m doing fine. I don’t have a Facebook account.” Except of course, absence of an account is no guarantee of privacy. With plenty of acquaintances who have Facebook accounts, I wouldn’t be surprised if the company (or some third party doing business with them) has constructed a profile of me.

Indeed, the very topic of privacy tune-ups raises the question of what to post about them on a public blog. Keeping my reflection short, simple, and on the safer side: I believe I could do more to protect my privacy online. But I’m not about to enumerate any perceived weaknesses or deficiencies for all to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment